Make a sourdough loaf
Sourdough-making session, with a pizza lunch!
Learn how to bake your own crusty and delicious sourdough at home in this hands-on, three-hour workshop. John Doyle has been baking sourdough for over 15 years and will share his best tips for a tangy, tasty loaf. We’ll even provide pizza for lunch, from bases made during the workshop.
The session will cover:
- making and looking after a sourdough starter
- how to accurately measure and mix ingredients
- dough handling and kneading skills
- proving and baking your loaf
- making your own pizza bases.
During the workshop you’ll mix and knead your own own sourdough ready to prove, shape and bake at home. You’ll also watch John prepare and bake a loaf so you can see (and taste) the final result.
All ingredients and materials are provided, along with a pizza lunch. Participants will also take home some of John’s 35 year old sourdough starter, called ‘Helga’.
Only 8 spots available. If you miss out, put your name on the waiting list to be notified of the next session.
What to bring
- container (with lid) of at least 1.2kg capacity to hold your finished dough
- an apron
- closed-toe, non-slip shoes